Release Date: May 10, 2001.
Limewire is a very popular peer to peer filesharing application. LimeWire is a free p2p file-sharing program.Limewire gives you access to free music, movies, games, tv shows, software, ebooks and more.
LimeWire is a free and open source Gnutella peer-to-peer network client released under the GNU General Public License. The program allows users to share files using the Gnutella peer-to-peer protocol.
It was the first file sharing program to support firewall-to-firewall file transfers, a feature introduced in version 4.2, which was released in November 2004.
Lime Wire LLC, the developer of LimeWire, distributes two versions of the program; a basic, free version, and an enhanced version sold for a small fee, which is said to offer faster downloads.
Prior to April 2004, the free version of LimeWire was distributed with a bundled program called "LimeShop" (a variant of TopMoxie), which was considered by computer security experts to be spyware.
- Using new "UDP Host Caches", LimeWire starts up and connects faster
- UPnP support allows LimeWire to find more search results and have faster downloads
- Windows and Mac users can now take advantage of LimeWire's iTunes integration
- LimeWire now recognizes OGGs and MP3s licensed under a Creative Commons License
- Encode music into a number of different audio formatsonly uses one port for all the torrents
- Users can now use web proxies to route their downloads to protect their identity
Direct Link Tusfiles
Direct Link 2Shared
Direct Link Solidfiles
Direct Link Filecloud
Direct Link Uploading
Direct Link 4Shared
Direct Link Mega