Release Date: November 11, 1997.
Netscape Navigator was a proprietary web browser. It was the flagship product of the Netscape Communications Corp and was the dominant web browser in terms of usage share in the 1990s, but by 2002 its usage had almost disappeared.
During development the Netscape browser was known by the code name Mozilla, which became the name of a Godzilla-like cartoon dragon mascot used prominently on the company's web site .
The Mozilla name was also used as the User-Agent in HTTP requests by the browser.
Other web browsers claimed to be compatible with Netscape 's extensions to HTML, and therefore used the same name in their User-Agent identifiers so that web servers would send them the same pages as were sent to Netscape browsers.
- Quickly view the status of security protection provided by the Netscape Browser. The browser will automatically let you know when there is a problem.
- The Netscape Browser provides real time Spyware scanning when you download files from the web. You may also run memory and disk scans for Spyware protection and prevention.
- The Netscape Browser takes the mystery out of Real Simple Syndication (RSS) and allows you to read and manage RSS feeds without the need of a separate news reader application.
- Create more than one profile to keep your bookmarks and passcards safe from other users. If you have a family, create a profile for your children and make use of the parental controls feature.
- Tabbed browsing lets you have multiple web pages open in one window. This feature is great for organizing and freeing up desktop space because it files your web pages in a series of tabs.
- The new Netscape Browser gives you more ways to make your browser secure.
- MultiBars let you customize up to ten different browser toolbars you can access with a single click.
Direct Link Tusfiles
Direct Link 2Shared
Direct Link Solidfiles
Direct Link Filecloud
Direct Link Uploading
Direct Link 4Shared
Direct Link Mega